Terms & Conditions
At Apollo Health Group and Apollo Genetics, we understand the importance of protecting your personal information. We are committed to using your information responsibly and in compliance with all applicable data protection laws.
How Apollo Health Group and Apollo Genetics Uses Your Information
Personal Identifiable Information is information you voluntarily provide and that is collected when you register for advertising offers presented to you by Apollo Health Group and Apollo Genetics or our Partners. Personal Identifiable Information is information that can be used to identify you, or any other individual to whom the information may relate personally. We do not collect Personal Identifiable Information unless you choose to provide it to us. Some examples of Personal Identifiable Information that we collect may include:
• A first and last name
• Date of Birth
• A phone or other physical address, including street name, city or town
• An email address
• A telephone number
In efforts to provide you with the best content possible, we utilize the information collected to give you more choices and tailored information to your interests. Some of the services we provide based on the information you have given us are described below:
• To allow you to register.
• To create a profile for you based on information that you have provided to us.
• To contact you about site updates, informational and service-related communications, including important security updates.
• Display relevant content we think you might be interested in based on your onsite activities and selected preferences.
• To provide you additional communications, information, and promotions such as newsletters.
• To generate internal reports about the use of our site
• To enable you to provide feedback, to contact us, and for us to respond to you
• To conduct surveys, questionnaires, promotions and contests, and to provide the results of such activities such as success stories and contest winners.
• To inform you of other offers, services, or websites available from Apollo Health Group and Apollo Genetics or third parties including our advertising partners.
• To tailor advertising to you both on our site and other sites on the web based on cookie information collected on our site.
Submission of your Personally Identifiable Information and accessing our sites provides you with a wealth of information.
Our Use of Your Personal Information
• When you access and use our websites or other online services: When you enter an Apollo website or use an online service, we record the information necessary to provide you with access for the operation of our site, such as IP address and browser settings. We also collect information about your activities during your visit to personalize your preferences, your settings and to collect statistical information to help us improve and further develop our websites, products, and services.
• When you request information about Apollo Genetics services: When you contact Apollo Health Group or Apollo Genetics (online or offline) to request information or to follow up on our services, we collect the necessary information to assist you. For example, we go through survey questions to determine whether our services might be right for you, we collect information about your healthcare professional so that we can contact him or her about whether he or she believes our services are medically necessary, and we collect insurance information so that we can determine whether your insurance will cover our services. We do not want you to get an unexpected bill. We retain this information for administrative purposes and to assist us in providing the highest level of service to you. The information you provide will not be sold, traded, or leased to any organization outside of the Apollo Health Group and Apollo Genetics. We will only share your personal information with others for marketing purposes with your express written consent. Please be aware that in certain circumstances, your personal information may be subject to disclosure to governmental agencies, or pursuant to judicial proceedings, court order, or legal process. Further, we may share your personal information with agents, contractors or partners of Apollo Health Group or Apollo Genetics in connection with services that these individuals or entities perform for, or with, Apollo Health Group or Apollo Genetics. These agents, contractors or partners are restricted from using this information in any way other than to provide services for or in collaboration with Apollo Health Group or Apollo Genetics. For example, we may provide your information to agents, contractors, or partners for hosting our databases and for data processing services.
• When we obtain your information from third parties: We use third parties to post information about Apollo Health Group and Apollo Genetics and seek response from those that are interested in learning more. For those that opt-in to be contacted, those third parties the name, physical address, phone number, email address, opt-in time and IP address for the individual interested in receiving more information. Apollo Health Group then calls them to confirm interest and gather information to start the service process.
• When we conduct marketing activities: We collect marketing data based on direct interactions with you. We combine the personal information we collect to develop business intelligence for conducting business and marketing purposes. You can opt-in to receive information about our services by telephone, email, text message or mail. When you visit our websites or use our services, we may provide you with personalized information. You can always opt-out from receiving personalized information or from further contact by calling us at (855) 553-9977 or (855) 553-9988 or by writing us at Apollo Health Group, 1111 E Draper Parkway, Suite 200, Draper, UT 84020.
Apollo Health Group and Apollo Genetics follow all requirements of the Privacy Rule and the Security Rule of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA). We have implemented policies and procedures to promote and monitor compliance. All employees receive HIPAA training upon hire and at least annually thereafter.
Our databases are encrypted, and password protected. The security of our system is audited at least annually. Only authorized individuals and entities are allowed access to our system.
Individuals that utilize our services are sent the Apollo Genetics Notice of Privacy Practices and sign an acknowledgement that they have read it. See Notice of Privacy Practices below.
Apollo Health Group and Apollo Genetics track visitors to their websites by collecting data elements called cookies. Cookies collected from the Apollo Health Group and Apollo Genetics websites are used to 1) enable certain functions and tools on the websites, 2) assist in the navigation of the websites, 3) track resources and data used on the sites, 4) promote Apollo Genetics products and services, and 5) remember computer settings. Cookies are not permanently maintained within our tracking system.
Apollo Health Group and Apollo Genetics also use the services of Google Analytics software to analyze traffic to the various Apollo Health Group and Apollo Genetics webpages. Data collected regarding site usage is compiled in aggregate to improve the performance of the sites.
Technologies such as: cookies, beacons, tags and scripts are used by Apollo Health Group and Apollo Genetics and our marketing partners, affiliates, analytics or service providers. These technologies are used in analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users' movements around the site and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these companies on an individual as well as aggregated basis.
As a convenience to our site visitors, the Apollo Health Group and Apollo Genetics websites may contain links to other websites that contain useful information. If you click on a link and are transferred to a non-Apollo website, these sites are not maintained by Apollo Health Group or Apollo Genetics and will likely involve different privacy policies from Apollo Health Group and Apollo Genetics. You may review the privacy policies of these websites or receive specific information about these sites’ privacy policies and procedures after leaving the Apollo Health Group or Apollo Genetics website. Neither Apollo Health Group nor Apollo Genetics controls, or has any input into, the privacy policies of these sites.
The Apollo Health Group and Apollo Genetics websites are not intended for, or designed to attract, individuals under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children.
Your California Privacy Rights - Notice of Compliance to California Residents
• A first and last name
• A home or other physical address, including street name and name of a city or town
• An e-mail address
• A telephone number
• Contact information
Any other identifier that permits the physical or online contacting of a specific individual
See section above entitled "Updating Personally Identifiable Information" for a description of the process that we maintain for an individual consumer who uses or visits this Site to review and request changes to any of his or her Personally Identifiable Information that is collected through this Site.
California Shine the Light Law (SB27) Compliance Statement
Under California S.B. 27 ("Shine the Light" Law), California residents have the right under certain circumstances to receive, once a year, information about third parties with whom we have shared information about you or your family for their marketing purposes during the previous calendar year, and a description of the categories of personal information shared. To make such a request, please send an email to compliance@Apollo Health Group and Apollo Genetics.com and please include the phrase "California Privacy Request" in the subject line, the domain name of the website you are inquiring about, along with your name, address and email address. We will respond to you within 30 days of receiving such a request.
By using the Apollo Health Group or Apollo Genetics website, you agree that you understand and accept the terms listed above. If you do not agree to these terms, you may not use the Apollo Health Group or Apollo Genetics website.
Notice of Privacy Practices
This notice describes how medical information about you may be used and disclosed and how you can get access to this information. Please review it carefully.
When it comes to your health information, you have certain rights. This section explains your rights and some of our responsibilities to help you.
Get an electronic or paper copy of your medical record
•You can ask to see or get an electronic or paper copy of your health information we have about you, including any genetic test report. Ask us how to do this.
• We will provide a copy or a summary of your health information, usually within 30 days of your request. We may charge a reasonable, cost-based fee.
Ask us to correct your medical record
• You can ask us to correct health information about you that you think is incorrect or incomplete. Ask us how to do this.
• We may say “no” to your request, but we’ll tell you why in writing within 60 days.
Request confidential communications
• You can ask us to contact you in a specific way (for example, home or office phone) or to send mail to a different address.
• We will say “yes” to all reasonable requests.
Ask us to limit what we use or share
• You can ask us not to use or share certain health information for treatment, payment, or our operations. We are not required to agree to your request, and we may say “no” if it would affect your care.
• If you pay for a service or health care item out-of-pocket in full, you can ask us not to share that information for the purpose of payment or our operations with your health insurer. We will say “yes” unless a law requires us to share that information.
Get a list of those with whom we’ve shared information
• You can ask for a list (accounting) of the times we’ve shared your health information for six years prior to the date you ask, who we shared it with, and why.
• We will include all the disclosures except for those about treatment, payment, and health care operations, and certain other disclosures (such as any you asked us to make). We’ll provide one accounting a year for free but will charge a reasonable, cost-based fee if you ask for another one within 12 months.
Get a copy of this privacy notice
You can ask for a paper copy of this notice at any time, even if you have agreed to receive the notice electronically. We will provide you with a paper copy promptly.
Choose someone to act for you
• If you have given someone medical power of attorney or if someone is your legal guardian, that person can exercise your rights and make choices about your health information.
• We will make sure the person has this authority and can act for you before we take any action.
File a complaint if you feel your rights are violated
• You can complain if you feel we have violated your rights by contacting us.
• You can file a complaint with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Office for Civil Rights by sending a letter to 200 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20201, calling 1-877-696-6775, or visiting www.hhs.gov/ocr/privacy/hipaa/complaints/.
• We will not retaliate against you for filing a complaint.
For certain health information, you can tell us your choices about what we share. If you have a clear preference for how we share your information in the situations described below, talk to us. Tell us what you want us to do, and we will follow your instructions.
In these cases, you have both the right and choice to tell us to:
• Share information with your family, close friends, or others involved in your care
• Share information in a disaster relief situation
If you are not able to tell us your preference, for example if you are unconscious, we may go ahead and share your information if we believe it is in your best interest. We may also share your information when needed to lessen a serious and imminent threat to health or safety.
In these cases, we never share your information unless you give us written permission:
• Marketing purposes
• Sale of your information
Most sharing of psychotherapy notes or other information about mental health issues (Note: The lab does not create or maintain psychotherapy notes)
In the case of fundraising:
• We may contact you for fundraising efforts, but you can tell us not to contact you again.
Our Uses and Disclosures
How do we typically use or share your health information?
We typically use or share your health information in the following ways.
We can use your health information and share it with other professionals who are treating you.
Example: A doctor treating you for an injury asks another doctor about your overall health condition.
Run our organization
We can use and share your health information to run our lab operations, improve your care, and contact you when necessary.
Example: We use health information about you to manage completion and delivery of your test results.
Bill for your services
We can use and share your health information to bill and get payment from health plans or other entities.
Example: We give information about you to your health insurance plan so it will pay for your services.
How else can we use or share your health information?
We are allowed or required to share your information in other ways – usually in ways that contribute to the public good, such as public health and research. We are required to meet many conditions in the law before we can share your information for these purposes. For more information see: www.hhs.gov/ocr/privacy/hipaa/understanding/consumers/index.html.
Help with public health and safety issues
We can share health information about you for certain situations such as:
• Preventing disease
• Helping with product recalls
• Reporting adverse reactions to medications
• Reporting suspected abuse, neglect, or domestic violence
• Preventing or reducing a serious threat to anyone’s health or safety
We can use or share your information for health research.
Comply with the law
We will share information about you if state or federal laws require it, including with the Department of Health and Human Services if it wants to see that we’re complying with federal privacy law.
Respond to organ and tissue donation requests
We can share health information about you with organ procurement organizations.
Work with a medical examiner or funeral director
We can share health information with a coroner, medical examiner, or funeral director when an individual dies.
Address workers’ compensation, law enforcement, and other government requests
We can use or share health information about you:
• For workers’ compensation claims
• For law enforcement purposes or with a law enforcement official
• With health oversight agencies for activities authorized by law
• For special government functions such as military, national security, and presidential protective services
Respond to lawsuits and legal actions
We can share health information about you in response to a court or administrative order, or in response to a subpoena.
• We are required by law to maintain the privacy and security of your protected health information.
• We will let you know promptly if a breach occurs that may have compromised the privacy or security of your information.
• We must follow the duties and privacy practices described in this notice and give you a copy of it.
• We will not use or share your information other than as described here unless you tell us we can in writing. If you tell us we can, you may change your mind at any time. Let us know in writing if you change your mind.
For more information see: www.hhs.gov/ocr/privacy/hipaa/understanding/consumers/noticepp.html.
Changes to the Terms of this Notice
We can change the terms of this notice, and the changes will apply to all information we have about you. The new notice will be available upon request, in our office, and on our web site.
Other Instructions for Notice:
Effective Date of this Notice 12/11/2019
Name of the Privacy Official Calie Waddoups (email@example.com)
Return Address 1799 Stumpf Blvd. Bldg. 2, Suite 1&2, Gretna, LA 70056
Phone Number 833-757-0751
This notice applies to MedComp Gx, LLC dba Apollo Genetics and Apollo Partners, LLC dba Apollo Genetics Testing and all affiliated entities.
This Website Notice of Privacy Practices was last updated on August 1, 2022.